Sunday, November 8, 2009

AND, I'm already behind...

Ok, so it's bad enough i didn't start on NOVEMBER 1st, and already had some catching up to do.  But now, life gets busy (as it tends to do...) and now I have THREE MORE days to catch up.  So I'm going to list as many as I can, and we'll see where I end up!

1)  i am grateful that I had the means to make my latest purchase... a Wii!  It has been loads of fun to play with, and should provide me with a nice break from all the seriousness that comes with life.  At least, for a little bit anyway!

2) I am grateful for the TV show Gossip Girl.  It provides me a fun glimpse into a life I will never be privy too, and allows me to live in fantasy land, even if it's just for an hour.  It is like a mini vacation, and I enjoy every second of it :)

3) I am grateful for Hob Nob.  Last year Lux was the "it" spot, but it was such a hassle sometimes (too far away, not place to sit, no real food to eat, etc.)  Hob Nob combines the best of Lux (and none of the bad) with an awesome, homey atmosphere.  I am grateful that I now feel like I have a refuge, a place to go when I need to work.  And though I haven't tried it yet, it could be a place I go when I just need to be alone.

4) I am grateful for my boyfriend.  It took me a few "gratefuls" to get down to him, because I want to make sure I word it just right.  It's not that I'm grateful that I have a boyfriend.  And it's not even that I'm grateful for all the things he does for me (though I certainly am).  It's bigger than that.  I'm grateful that I have Scott.  Scott and all of his wonderful, kind, generous, caring, hopeful -ness.  Even though I am screwed up right now, he is my solid anchor in this mess.  It's nice.

5) I am grateful for my new haircut!  I have side bangs, and they look WAY cuter than my last adventure in bangs-land.  :)

6) I am grateful that I was able to find a suitable dress for the upcoming Vegas trip for Roby's birthday!  After a saddening 6 attempts at trying on dresses (and, clearly, no luck), I definitely found a winner!

7) I am grateful for Shon Zelman.  He is such an amazing mentor and role model, and because of him, my kids will have an AMAZING introduction to numerical values.  It's truly all because of him.

8)  I am grateful for Orange Juice.  So tasty, so nutritional, so fresh.  Makes me happy just drinking it, and it puts a smile on my face.

9)  I am grateful for Sunday afternoons.  Lazy Sunday afternoons.  Ones where you've already been productive, and don't feel guilty for lounging, or cleaning, or taking care of you for a change.  Love those!

Phew.  Now I'm caught up.  Except for those first four days.... yikes!

No comments: