Thursday, November 5, 2009

Gratitude Challenge

Haha, here we are in November. Again.

This November I am joining a small group of fellow TFAers and participating in the Gratitude Challenge. Every day for the month, you have to name 3 things that you are grateful for. 3 DIFFERENT things, no repeats. As today was a kind of tough day, it seems like a great time to start!

1. I am grateful for my dog, Sadie. She is a happy face and wagging tail to come home wo, a snuggly bundle of fur to cuddle with, and all she needs to stay happy is a ball, laser pointer, a hand to be petted by or a lake to swim in. She is adorable. And I am so grateful I have her in my life.

2. I am grateful that I am far from home. I love my dad, but sometimes I think that I would go legitimately crazy if I was daily involved in the things that are going on there. Maybe that's a selfish thing. But I'm still grateful nonetheless that I do not still live there.

3. I am grateful for (you ready for this) my colorful pack of markers. Seriously. They make me feel like I have a choice, and in my life right now, the freedom to choose anything I do is valuable. My Thursdays are not my own. Neither are most of my Saturdays, Sundays, Fridays or Tuesdays. I don't have the choice to take sick days, go on vacation, etc. But, I can choose what color I feel like writing in, dammit. And I have 15 different choices.

I'll start with that. At least this should keep me blogging!! :)

Oh, and I guess I'll go public with this blog now, to keep me accountable. Don't mind the rest of my entries, nothing important!

No comments: